Not so anymore. Especially with Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering robust menu of possibilities. In fact, if you look at our drop-down menu of hors d’oeuvres, you’ll find over 100 choices, from cocktail sandwiches to beef, seafood, chicken, and vegetarian options — even special seasonal ideas.
According to Jacquie Bols, owner/operator of Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering, events featuring hors d’oeuvres only (often called light appetizers or small plates) continue to gain in popularity.
- Flexibility – In addition to having lots of options, planning an event around hors d’oeuvres allows you lots of co-existing choices. Hot or cold appetizers – or both; fresh seafood and beef; the choices are endless.
- Versatility – Since menu items are smaller, you can increase the diversity of your offerings. Include red meat, gluten free items and vegetarian choices, for instance. (You really can please everyone!)
- Safety – Individual portions mean less potential handling by guests. They can choose just the item they want – without spooning out an individual portion from a community serving bowl.
- Theme-friendly – Whatever your event theme, small plates and appetizers are especially easy to support your vision. Tex-Mex? Got it. Mediterranean? New England Seafood? Cuban? We got you covered.
- Organic and Local – At Jacquie’s, we’re all about buying and supporting local farmers. We pay attention to what’s in everything we prepare — from our locally sourced cheeses to our organic eggs, fresh tomatoes and garden-grown beets. Beef and chicken are all produced locally, too — fed on organic non-GMO grains. And our seafood is guaranteed fresh from sources we trust.
So – make it easy on yourself – and delicious for your guests, and let Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering help you pull together a truly inspired and delightful event with our ingenious and creative small plate options.