The menu was as varied and dressed up as the guests! We began with lighter fare:
- (Fresh) Vegetable Crudites were heaped with Carrots, Celery, Radish, Cucumber, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Zucchini, Peppers, Squash, and Cherry Tomatoes.
- There were all sorts of dips, too: Arugula and Lemon, Hummus, Spicy Cajun and Pita Chips; plus Three Layer Pesto Torte with Crackers
- Crostinis are so popular, we added those as well. Ours included Basil, Tomato and Garlic, Plus Tapenade and Harissa.
- Our hosts said a hearty YES to Imported and Local Cheeses, so we added a huge Cheese Board with Grapes and Crackers.
- Another nod to Chimichurri Devilled Eggs with Fried Shallots. Yum! Appetites were officially whetted, as guests mixed and mingled and hung out at the Santa Bar.
- Bourbon Chicken Skewers
- Filet Mignon with Horseradish Cream on Toasted Baguette with Caramelized Onions and Fresh Rosemary
- Mini Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon, Cheese and Fresh Chives
Jumbo Asparagus with Wasabi Mayonnaise Dip
- Fresh Fig and Mascarpone Cheesecake with Crackers
Mushrooms Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Spinach and Bacon
- Saffron Risotto Cakes with Aged Parmesan
It was impossible to choose just one favorite, so guests didn’t! Instead, plates were loaded – and lots of conversations revolved around the food (which is just what we love to hear).
We love to host big fun parties! Especially around the holidays. And this one was one for the books. A feast and a host to be remembered!
Happy holidays from Jacquie Bols and crew!!