The holidays are a wonderful time of the year to say “thank you” or “I appreciate you” to friends, family and neighbors. It’s also a perfect time to thank staff for their hard work and dedication.
Lots of companies are doing just that with a catered-in breakfast or lunch at work – or holding a special holiday dinner with lavish food and drink elsewhere.
Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering does a lot of these staff thank you meals. We see how they are always appreciated, too. On the practical side, it makes it easy on management to hold a dinner for everyone rather than buying and distributing individual gifts. And – HR appreciates holding a holiday event that celebrates the season rather than a particular holiday. It can be a win-win all the way around.
Here are some of our favorite tried and true holiday thank you celebratory foods that seem to be universally appealing – especially after 5 PM, when paired with wine and/or beer:
- Mini Ahi Tuna Tacos with avocado, served with jalapenos
- Individual Shrimp Cocktails in shot glasses
- Flatbread with Burratta, Roasted Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, served with fresh Basil
One company we know bought every staff member a fresh-made pie to take home after work – after their fourth quarter earnings report. Just in time for the holidays. (Yes, Jacquie’s makes delicious pies! And yes, we can order up enough for your team!)
For a Friday morning Thank You brunch at work, how about serving:
- Mini Duck and Michigan Huckleberry Jam Crepes
- Trio of Organic Deviled Eggs decorated with Micro Greens
- Mini Chicken and Waffles with Local Maple Syrup
- French Macaroons with Amaretto filling
Sometimes appetizers placed on holiday decorated table or bar works very well, too. Consider serving these upscale treats at your next luncheon:
- Individual Crudite with Beet Hummus
- Avocado Crostini with Mini Ruby Radish Greens
- Roast Tenderloin Sliders with Carmelized Shallots
- Pepper and Basil Aioli
Serving a wonderful array of food, drink and desserts is a fantastic way to express thanks – by giving back to your friends, staff, customers, and clients!
Here’s to a perfectly wonderful holiday season to all of you, from the staff of Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering!