One hundred years can go by pretty quickly when you are a popular country club in a beautiful lakeside area of Indiana.
So when Maxinkuckee Country Club of Culver, Indiana decided to go all out with festivities celebrating their 100th anniversary, they did so in style, with a nod to the Roaring Twenties of 1920 – when the club first came into existence.
At least 200 people gathered outside on the golf course, under a pole tent with a live band. Guests were encouraged to go with the Roaring 20s theme, wearing 1920s classically themed apparel.
Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering didn’t miss a beat getting into the theme, helping with everything from the 1920s-era centerpieces — to the drinks – to the lighting – to the food – right down to the dress code!
Patrons and celebrators included who’s who from the Culver area a well as members of the Maxinkuckee Country Club. The bar opened at 6 PM with classic 1920s-themed specialty cocktails. But guests could also offer wine and beer.
The “over the top” menu began with HORS D’OEUVRES PASSED ON SILVER TRAYS (with servers dressed appropriately (‘natch!), offering:
- Duo of Organic Deviled Eggs decorated with Micro Greens
- Filet Mignon with Horseradish Cream on Toasted Baguette with Caramelized Onions and Fresh Rosemary
- Macaroni and Cheese in Parmesan Cups
- Mushrooms Stuffed with Prosciutto and Parmesan
- Mixed Organic Field Greens with Pecans, Cranberries, Goat Cheese, and Champagne Dressing
- Chicken Picatta with Lemon Butter and Capers
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Wood Grilled Vegetables with Herb de Provence and Balsamico
The evening concluded with the dance floor wide open, with classic 1920s tunes that brought out the Fox Trot, Charleston, and the Black Bottom, as well as more contemporary songs and dances.
Attendees literally danced the night away, stopping for an occasional dessert or after-dinner liquor, courtesy of Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering.
Yes, we can absolutely bring our team to your Indiana location. And we always have fun with themed parties – offering ideas right beside your own. We love it!
Let’s talk before you throw your next Special Occasion!