Every year before the holidays, IU hosts its annual Alumni Dinner. This year, the awards and fellowship dinner was set at Laurel Hall, Indianapolis, and included 32 distinguished guests.
Laurel Hall offered the perfect setting for this event – so stately and traditionally appointed in limestone and walnut it looked like a transplant from the Bloomington campus itself.
The evening began in the Laurel Hall lounge, with waiters passing some of our favorite hors d’oeuvres, Goat Cheese Lollipops, which paired very well with the celebratory red wine and champagne served.
When guests moved from the lounge and its fireplace to the formal dining room, dinner was served, beginning with appetizers and salad:
- Hearts of Palm Calamari with Lemon Caper Aioli
- Savory Rosemary Shortbread with Brie and Proscuitto
- Honeycrisp Apple Salad with sustainably harvested Mustard Greens, Radish, Marcona Almonds, Baby Carrots, Avocado, and Kale Chips
- Aged Angus Beef Tenderloin with Cognac and Shallots
- Alaskan Halibut with Saffron Beurre Blanc, Fondant Potatoes, and French Green Beans tied with Chives
- A selection of Crusty Breads with Herb Butter was served to each table
Alumni guests had plenty of opportunity to meet and mingle over organic coffee – and, of course – dessert. Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering offered another favorite:
Individual Ebony Macaron Cake with Dark Chocolate Mousse.
A sweet and tasteful end to an amiable evening in a perfect setting, filled with lively discussions – and equally intriguing and imaginative dinner courses.