This baby shower for 50 was beautiful, fresh and classy. Held in the soon-to-be grandparents’ lovely home, Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering was asked to cater a bevy of healthy, nutritious, and gourmet foods to appeal to a wide range of tastes.
We were happy to oblige. Here’s the interesting and contemporary menu we served:
Beginning with butler-passed hors d’oeuvres:
- Mini Chicken Creole Crepes Tied with a Chive
- Mini Polenta Cake with Wild Mushroom duxelle
- Vegetable Spring Roll with Sweet Chili Sauce Crab Cake with Avocado Cream
There was also a generous portion of Crab and Artichoke Dip with Flatbreads on the kitchen island.
In the dining room, Jacquie’s team set up:
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail with Fresh Lemon and Remoulade Sauce
- Sliced Aged Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream served with Mini House Made Soft Rolls
- Pistachio Crusted New Zealand Lamb Chops
- Cured King Ora Salmon with Fresh Dill, Creme Fraiche, Fresh Lemon Capers, Melba Toasts with Lemon, Dill Cream Sauce
- Dauphennoise Potatoes cut into Rounds, displayed on silver griddle
- Roasted Vegetables including Brussel Sprouts, Rhutabaga, Parsnip, Turnip, Asparagus, and Portabello Mushrooms
- Chimichurri, Arugula and Lemon Dip, Green Olive Tappanade
- Multi-Colored Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes with Italian Olive Oil, Black Sea Salt and Fresh Basil
We wouldn’t want any type of party to make do without a sweet dollop of desserts! So – we set out
- House Made Chocolate Truffles
- Mini Apple Tarts
- Mini Lemon Curd Squares
- Mini Cheesecake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
There truly was something for everyone – from the soon-to-be-mom to the proud grandparents, friends and family.