Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering stays on top of catering trends and new ways of preparing and presenting all types of food.
As Jacquie Bols, owner of Jacquie’s Gourmet is quick to point out, “Food trends don’t suddenly happen. They’re expansions of ideas from one end of the country to the other. It’s fun to see where these ideas come from, and where they go.”
Here’s what Jacquie’s team expects to see more of, in the coming year:
- Locally-sourced menus continue to gain in popularity. Our customers are looking for high-end locally produced meat and organic greens. It’s part environmental awareness, and equally a celebration of local Indiana cuisine.
- Artisanal cheeses, breads, wines, beers — even artisanal olives and pickles — are very popular. Our discerning customers want to have handcrafted, specialty foods made with top tier ingredients. Having a selection of artisanal foods on hand is enticing, popular, and is a good way to get guests talking about the great food they are eating.
- High-tech, low-glitz décor is also a trend that is on the rise in Indy. A steadily increasing number of high-end clients are asking for ultra modern events done at venues like urban warehouses and commercial settings.
- Shabby chic is continuing to be on trend. Having an event in a barn done up with high-end lighting and chandeliers, candelabras, white tablecloths, and gorgeous arrangements of food is always fun and interesting, as our Finley Creek Vineyard venue proves!
- We’re seeing fewer sit-down, plated dinners. We still do a lot of these, but alternatives are becoming more popular, such as food stations, and dessert-only or hors d’oeuvre-only events.
- Small plates events are as popular as ever.
- Sweet is savory and savory themed meals are big. Offerings like Ice cream or sweet pies with bacon, savory pancakes, or sliders with fruit – that kind of thing. The ideas are endless.
- Specialty drinks are trending right now. So are food and drink pairings. Offering drinks that complement the food — even mini beverages with hors d’oeuvres — is having its moment.
Don’t see a trend you like here? Talk to us about what you’d like to see us do.
At Jacquie’s Gourmet Caterin, we are always open to new ideas!