At Jacquie’s Catering, we really enjoy hearing back from our clients after an event or party. We use your feedback to help us plan your next events, and often times, we get to let our terrific staff know how much their hard work was appreciated.
This was the case when Lisa Bonacorsi, our Sales & Event Manager received this sweet thank you note from Sandy Burns of Conner Prairie. Jacquie’s Catering had put together a special luncheon for the Conner Prairie Alliance Committee at Balmoral House a few weeks prior. Here’s what Sandy wrote:
“We had so many wonderful comments about the luncheon. The wait staff was attentive and polite, the food was delicious and the Basil Spritzer was one of the tastiest drinks I’ve ever had!
Thank you for your thorough preparation for our event and for making everyone feel very special. It was a huge success!
I look forward to working with you again sometime, Lisa.”
Curious about our Basil Spritzer drink? It’s one of our staff’s summer favorites as well. Here is our recipe:
- First, you’ll need to make our basil lime syrup, which you can prepare in advance and keep refrigerated:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lime, removed in strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- Bring sugar, zest, juice, and water to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let syrup stand, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Discard zest and transfer syrup to a blender. Add basil and blend 20 seconds. Pour through a fine sieve lined with a rinsed and squeezed paper towel into a bowl or glass measuring cup, then cool.
- Pour syrup into an ice-filled tall glass and top off with sparkling water. Stir, then garnish with a basil sprig.
Summer cheers from Jacquie and the staff!