With the holidays just around the proverbial corner, here’s what to consider as you plan your next holiday party.
Experts say consider your company, organization and your guests when planning a holiday party. Ask yourself what type of party would appeal to them, rather than what you might prefer.
- How far would they be comfortable traveling?
- What theme would they find fun and exciting?
- Upscale or more intimate and cozy?
- What’s the average age of your group? How important is a venue with a contemporary popular vibe?
- When do you hold an event at your home and when is it better to rent a facility?
- Are families invited?
- What about differences in food preferences?
- Do you want an open bar? Just beer and/or wine? Or a “special occasion” drink?
These are all great questions for Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering, who knows a thing or two about successful holiday parties. Although there are no hard and fast answers, here are a few important tips:
- Be prepared to wow your guests. If they expect a top-notch venue, make sure you exceed their expectations.
- If you are dealing with a creative, artsy crowd, surprise them with the unexpected – in venue as well as food and drinks.
- People want to be at a popular event. Make sure your event is right for your crowd. When your space is huge and beautiful but there aren’t enough guests to fill the room, guests feel uncomfortable.
- Then build your event around a theme, from food to drinks and décor. Add a few unexpected touches to keep everything interesting and talked about.
- Never, never skimp on food. Guests will forgive an event that could have had another restroom or two, but they will always remember how good the food was -- or wasn’t.
- Never run out of food. This is a cardinal rule at Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering.
- Presentation of food matters. A lot. Food should always look (and taste) luscious, fresh, beautiful and be served at the right temperature.
- Planning how bar and appetizer table traffic flows at an event is very important too. Nobody wants to stand waiting for a drink at a bar for 25 minutes.
The holidays are coming up fast. So if you have a holiday party in mind, there are still plenty of great venues in town with open dates in mid-November through December.
And Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering has agreements with a lot of memorable and lovely downtown, northside and southside facilities.
Whatever your preference, chances are great we can match a menu to your theme, and even help you with décor and rentals. Give us a call and let’s start talking holiday food and fun!
We want to help make your holiday event a joyous and memorable one.