Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering was honored to cater a Brickyard Dinner at the elegant and historic Governor’s Residence this past weekend.
Friends and associates of the governor began the “racy” evening with hors d’oeuvres at 6:30, including
- Chilled Watermelon Cubes with Feta and Fresh Mint
- Mini Heirloom Tomato BLTs
- Filet Mignon with Horseradish Cream on Toasted Baguettes
Diners “started their engines” promptly at 7 PM with Butter Lettuce salad with Blood Orange, Avocado, and a Citrus Vinaigrette.
After the salad “laps,” locally-sourced entrees from Indiana farms were served:
- Gunthrop Farms Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Georgia Peaches and Fresh Thyme
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Haricot Vert Bundles tied with Chives
- Flatbread, Baguettes, with Herb Butter Bells
Next, what better inspiration to “cross the finish line” than a cool, English Summer Pudding with Creme Fraiche and Fresh Mint paired with organic coffee and Indiana cream?
Thank you Governor Eric Holcomb, for inviting us to help celebrate one of Indianapolis’ great racing traditions, the Brickyard 400!