Nestled in Leafy Lane Farm in Howard County, the Legacy Barn was built in 1884 and converted to a dairy farm in 1949. In 1976, Colin and Colleen Craig moved into the farmhouse, and gradually made the decision to preserve the historic barn and began plans for the renovation.
With the help of a highly-skilled Amish construction crew, the barn was saved and transformed into the Legacy Barn in the spring of 2015. Today, this beautifully restored barn and its accompanying ten acre property can be the site of your dream wedding, graduation, open house, or corporate event.
You can say your vows under “the old sycamore,” taking lots of memorable photos among 100-year old trees and picture-perfect vistas of the grounds. Outside or inside the barn, the vibe is as authentic and all-American as it is romantic.
Don’t want to be rushed? Enjoy the entire weekend Friday through Sunday to decorate and get ready for the big wedding day:
- Use the historic 1885 victorian house as a gorgeous backdrop for pictures.
- For your wedding party, the Legacy Barn holds up to 150 guests indoors, (including 40 in the loft).
- There is room on the property for white tents to accommodate larger events exceeding 150 guests for a maximum 250 guests.
- Large open doors with natural cross-breezes, floor fans and exhaust system for the summer heat.
- Full use of the gorgeous 10-acre property for pictures, ceremony & reception.
- Bridal Suite includes AC/heat, counter space, lots of outlets, mirrors, and cushioned chairs for your comfort and private getaway.
- Groom’s quarters in the original “Bull Pen” – a man cave like no other – including a secret patio/cigar lounge.
- Beautiful Outdoor deck with lighting & large staircase.
- Beer, wine, champagne and a signature cocktails from the bar.
- Lighted parking area for 65 cars with parking attendants and available handicapped parking spaces.
- Tables, chairs and linens provided for 150 guests including set up and tear down.
- Two golf carts are available for guest shuttle and handicap service.
There’s even an authentic 1884 Wishing Well, fire pit with yard chairs, string lights, and an old-fashioned wagon for creating memorable pictures.
This is the ideal place for a fairy-tale wedding if ever there was one! Set it up and let Jacquie’s Catering team help create the dinner or appetizer portfolio to complete the picture!