Lauren Chesterfield’s wedding and reception this month proved you can have a truly elegant wedding at Finley Creek Vineyard.
After a glorious outdoor evening ceremony – with the summer breezes cooperating and summer flowers abounding – Lauren and her husband shared their vows with over 130 guests.
After a short walk to the wedding barn, the festivities began with a cocktails in the beautifully decorated “shabby chic” barn. Soft twinkling string lights greeted guests, with candelabras and gorgeous floral centerpieces completing the mood.
Guests grouped together around fun whiskey barrel tables with drinks in hand as butlered hors d’oeuvres were served:
- Filet Mignon with Horseradish Cream on Toasted Baguette with Carmelized Onions and Fresh Rosemary
- Caprese Salad Lollipops Chicken Pot Stickers with Ginger Soy Sauce
A sit-down dinner was served beginning at 7 pm which included a marvelous champagne toast, after which guests were served:
- Wedge Salad with Bacon, Blue Cheese & Tomatoes with additional fixings in ramikens on each table
- Chicken Breast Stuffed with Brie and Wrapped with Proscuitto
- Chef Carved Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Mixed Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Marjoram and Olive Oil
A highlight of the evening, judging from guests’ reactions, was as the reception began with music and a spotlight, the bride’s brother surprised guests and sang the “first dance” song to the bride and new brother-in-law. Lovely!